Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Conversations with Eden

DAY 54



Eden visited her Aunty on her own last week. We sat at my dining table with hot chocolate and the biscuits I used to bribe her to come over - Eden doing her activity book and Aunty on her computer.

I did have a little giggle on the inside during the chat we had:

"It's good to come to Toowoomba to visit you and Oma. And it's just you and Oma because Oma's husband died and you don't have a husband Aunty."
It's good to get that missing husband thing cleared up.

"How do you find a husband Aunty? Have you been asking lots of boys to marry you and they say No?"
Maybe I should try that instead of what I have been doing...

"Did you tell Opa that I was coming before he died? Did that make him happy?"
I wish we had. It would have made him very happy.

"I'm glad we get to see Opa in heaven with Jesus and God and the Angels"
Me too.

"My mum and dad met each other because they went to school and used to walk home together"
Not sure where that story came from - they met at a camp when they were both in their 20's.


I am loving seeing my nieces and nephews grow in to little people. I love how Eden questions everything, and is finding out for herself how everything fits together in the world around her.

I can't wait for what comes next - sleepovers, cooking lessons, camping trips, boy talk etc etc etc. Being an aunty is the next best thing.

Grateful.

No comments: