Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a pity you need a spark to make a fire....

So... been on a couple of dates with a lovely guy - strong faith, great job, house, nice car, good looking, polite, intelligent, caring, fit and healthy, doesn't smoke, drink or swear, no deep dark secrets in his past, strong connections to his family... he was ticking all the boxes on my list. Sounds great doesn't it? I thought so too....

Only problem being - no spark at all between either of us. Nothing at all. Not even a little one.

My goodness, I don't think anything has got me so darn depressed than the thought that he might have been the best man I would ever meet (and from what he told me, I was the best girl he had ever met) and still we couldn't get it together.

Doesn't bode well for my future at all. The 'bad boys' never worked with me because their deep dark past always came back to haunt them, and good girls just make bad boys feel guilty. Now the good boys don't work either.

I am still completely bamboozled about how anyone ever falls in love. There is so much that can go wrong, and even more that needs to go right.

So anyway, looks like I am going back to the drawing board. Right now, the thought of having to go through all the first date dramas over again and again and again is enough to drive me to the block of chocolate sitting in the fridge - thank goodness I have a little bit of self control.... and an overwhelming stinginess that doesn't want me to waste all the work I did at the gym today!

Suck it up Linda - go and eat an apple :) Things will look much more promising in the morning.... I hope.

No comments: