Sunday, June 14, 2009

What do you do when you head and your heart don't agree?

In the past my head and my heart have been in full agreement when it came to relationships. They were co-workers, co-captains, co-conspirators - working together to keep me on the right path... until this week.

Someone I dated in my uni years has recently entered my life again through a business relationship. We have not seen or talked to each other in over six years, yet when I saw him again it was like nothing had changed. My heart just picked up the same beat from our last meeting, tapping out a happy little rhythm as it always did when I was near him in the past. My head had other things to say though. With six years of life to draw on, my head was taking a far more cautions approach.

When it comes to love, society tells me to follow my heart, but life tells me to use my head. No wonder relationships are so difficult - especially when your head and your heart can't even get on the same page.

No comments: